Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quotes


The heavens declare God's glory and the magnificence of what made them! Each day is a miracle; each new sky fills with beauty! Their testimony speaks to the whole world and reaches to the ends of the earth. In them is a path for the sun, who steps forth handsome as a bridegroom and rejoices like an athlete as he runs. He starts at one end of the heavens and circles to the other end, and nothing can hide from his heat.

A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.

A sunbeam bouncing off a drop of dew, The gleam in a child's eye, The twinkle of a particularly bright star, The tear-stained cheek of a mother praying for her children, And the ripple formed by a droplet of rain in a puddle, All of these combine to form the Glitter in the Eyes of God.
~~ The Glitter in God's Eyes, James W. King

God's love for us is proclaimed with each sunrise.

Better to turn your eyes to Jesus than look down your nose at the weaknesses of others.


When you speak, always remember that God is one of your hearers.

We may wonder, whom can I love and serve? Where is the face of God to whom I can pray? The answer is simple: That naked one. That lonely one. That unwanted one who is my brother and my sister. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
~~ Mother Teresa

We all long for heaven where God is, but we have it in our power to be in heaven with Him at this very moment. But being happy with Him now means: Loving as He loves, Helping as He helps, Giving as He gives, Serving as He serves, Rescuing as He rescues, Being with Him 24 hours a day, Touching Him in even His distressing disguises.
~~ Mother Teresa


The fruit of silence is prayer, The fruit of prayer is faith, The fruit of faith is love, and The fruit of love is silence.
~~ Mother Teresa

The fingers of God touch your life when you touch a friend.

I concerned myself to remember God, to seek Him, to know Him and to love Him. When I had come to the end I saw that He had remembered me before I had remembered Him, that he had sought me before I had sought Him, that His knowledge of me had preceded my knowledge of Him, and that His love for me had existed before my love for Him.

Can I neglect to pray while there is one who needs the help my prayer can bring?

God is never in a hurry but he is always on time.

God wants performance not promises.

The face of a newborn child is as close as we come to seeing the face of God in this life!

God's ultimate purpose is birth. He is not content until he brings his Son to birth in each and every one of us.

God is so big He can cover the whole world with His love, and so small He can curl up inside your heart.

A friend will strengthen you with his prayers, bless you with his love, and encourage you with his hope.