Friday, June 20, 2008

Lord I'm Lonely Tonight


I give all that I have, all that I am-no matter how empty and sad that I am. I give and I give, never counting the cost-but lord I'm lonely tonight.

I've travelled some distance and chanced a few things. Broken some hearts and been broken instead but I give and I give never counting the cost-but Lord, oh Lord I'm lonely tonight.

The tears that I've shed in silence and pain, never showing another my heart's not to blame. But I give and I give, never counting the cost-but Lord, oh Lord, I'm lonely tonight.

The days I can hide through a smile and a wave, the dread of the night when my life seems in vain. Yet I give and I give, never counting the cost-but Lord, oh Lord, I'm lonely tonight.

The years they have passed as if in a daze, I danced and I loved like a moth to a flame. It scorched me, it tore me, my heart bore the pain. Yet, I give and I give, never counting the cost-but Lord, yes Lord I'm lonely tonight.

Life can seem perilous but what can I do? I dont live for me, I live to please You. Why are You so silent? Why don't You speak when my tired heart cries out and reaches for You. But I give and I give, never counting the cost-But Lord, oh Lord, I'm lonely tonight.

It takes all you've got this thing we call life, the pain and the passion is all that we've got. It's not about winning, it's not about loss..It's about giving and giving, until it has cost. So I will give and I'll give, never counting the cost-But Lord, my sweet Lord...I'm lonely tonight.

For a Friend-Who gives and gives, never counting the cost.

Written by Marie