Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Comforter


Lord, will you take the pieces of my life and make them into something beautiful. I can't always see the design you have in mind for me, and that's okay, even though sometimes it doesn't feel okay.

In my heart I know the pattern you make will be just right for my life. Lord, some of the pieces of my life are wonderful and bright and I love those pieces. I wish every square of my life-quilt could be like that.

But some of my squares are ragged, faded and tear stained, and some speak of dark days when I wondered if there was any pattern at all to my life.

As I look back I see that you took those pieces and stitched them into place with stitches that were brighter and lovelier than the rest.

Lord, I want my life-quilt to be useful as well as beautiful. Not just something for people to admire but something to wrap the cold world up snug and cozy. I want my life-quilt to be called by one of Your most precious names, "The Comforter."

So Lord, will you take the pieces of my life and make them into something beautiful for You.

Anon