Friday, February 1, 2008

Book Meme


1. What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why?

'A Child Called It' by Dave Pelzer. I can never forget this harrowing story of a mothers cruelty to her son. It goes against nature when a mother with real evil turns on her own children. It shocked me to the core and is a must read for those working in the social services field.

2. What is one of your favorite childhood books?

Ivanhoe. I just loved this story by Sir Walter Scott

3. Do you have a favorite book of the Bible?

Job & All the Letters of Paul

4. What is one book you could read again and again?

Gone With The Wind

5. Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?

The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Anne Catherine Emmerich. Self explanatory.

And because we all love bonus questions, if you were going to publish a book what would it be? Who would you want to write the jacket cover blurb expounding on your talent?

I would love to write the sequel to Gone With the Wind as I have yet to read one that stands up to Margaret Mitchell. I would like Thomas Keneally to write the jacket, as a fellow Australian he'd be kind to me, I hope lol.