Thursday, July 5, 2007

Not Yet



Sometimes I ask the question,
"My Lord, is this your will?"
It's then I hear you answer me,
"My Precious Child... be still."

Sometimes I feel frustrated,
‘cause I think I know what's best.
It's then I hear you say to me,
"My Busy Child... just rest."

Sometimes I feel so lonely
and I think I'd like a mate.
Your still small voice gets, oh, so clear and says,
"My Child... please wait.

I know the plans I have for you,
the wondrous things you'll see;
If you can just be patient, Child,
and put your trust in me.

"I've plans to draw you closer.
I've plans to help you grow.
There's much I do you cannot see
and much you do not know.

"But know this, Child ..... I LOVE YOU.
You are Precious unto Me.
Before I formed you in the womb,
I planned your destiny.

"I've something very special
I hope for you to learn.
The gifts I wish to give to you
are gifts you cannot earn.

"They come without a price tag,
but not without a cost;
at Calvary, I gave My Son,
so You would not be lost.

"Rest, Child, and do not weary
of doing what is good.
I promise I'll come back for you
just like I said I would.

"Your name is written on my palm,
I never could forget;
Therefore, do not be discouraged when
my answer is... ‘Not Yet.'"