Sunday, July 8, 2007

WHAT KIND OF DAY SHALL I HAVE?





I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the day ends. I have responsibilities
to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.


Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or ...
I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.


Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or ...
I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.


Today I can grumble about my health or ...
I can rejoice that I am alive.


Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or ...
I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.


Today I can cry because roses have thorns or ...
I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or ...
I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.


Today I can whine because I have to go to work or ...
I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.


Today I can complain because I have to go to school or ...
I can eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.


Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or ...
I can feel honored because Life has provided shelter for my mind, body, and soul.


Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.


What today will be like is up to me.

Have a GREAT DAY ... unless you have other plans