Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Six Quirky Facts-Holy Card-Book Meme's


Quirks

1: I often wake up singing and know all the lyrics, but when fully awake I don't remember them.

2: I can do a perfect imitation of The Queen.

3: I can do a perfect imitation of a Redneck Mama and play a routine to friends. Mama and her son's Jethro, Bodine and Bubba! lol

4: I have a tendency to forget where I put things including placing the phone in the freezer!

5: I get 'saying's wrong..ie: 'dont count your eggs till they've hatched in the basket, 'you can lead a horse to a trough but it wont drink if it is empty.' These are my 'DOH moments!(Yes! I actually said those two!)

6: I argue with telephone recordings.( I know it's a grumpy ole woman thingy lol)


*******************

Holy Card Meme

Is there a Saint for 'putting your foot right in it?' Cos that would be MOI!

My this is a difficult one. I guess my Motto is and always has been 'I prefer the hard Truth over a nice lie.' Or 'Give me Truth or give me nothing.'

The Catholic Church IS the Truth. It is Life. It is Love. It is everything.

I don't know if that qualifies me but I will defend the Teachings of the Catholic Church to the end.

I would choose to be the Patron Saint for those misunderstood because they do not compromise on Truth.

Also for those who forget who tagged them lol.

Thanks Cathy,

**********************

Book Meme

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?

A school teacher who encouraged me to read and then write essay's on the books. There were many books I loved and still do and some I loathed and still do, such as 'Wuthering Height's which I nicknamed 'Withering Blight.' lol

What are some books you read as a child?

What Katie did. Anne of Green Gables. Little Women. The Diary of Anne Frank.

What is your favorite genre?

Biography. Catholic Spirituality.

Do you have a favorite novel?

I don't think anything has ever beaten 'To Kill a Mockingbird.'It is simply brilliant.

Where do you usually read?

In the living room.

When do you usually read?

In the morning or late at night.

Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

Absolutely. I have three on my side table next to my chair.

Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

No. Same place as above.

Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?

Buy them.

What are you reading now?

Just finished 'Persuasion by Jane Austen.

Everything is Grace-Therese of Lisieux by Joseph Schmidt

The Clintons by Sally Bedell Smith

Mrs. Beetons Household Management by Isabella Beeton.

What’s next?

Finish reading the above lol

What books would you like to reread?

Story of a Soul. An Evil Cradling. The Gospel Without Compromise.

Who are your favorite authors?

Harper Lee. Catherine Cookson. Taylor Caldwell. Edith Wharton. James Herriot. St. Alphonsus Liguori. Bishop Fulton Sheen. Catherine Hueck Doherty.

Thanks Esther.