Sunday, May 20, 2007

Three Book Meme-My Choices



Elena, Paula and Joakim have tagged me, so here are my choices. I deliberately chose not to include too many Catholic authors. Instead I have listed my favourite Catholic/Christian authors below.


********************



Three non-fiction books everyone should read:



1: Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi (lifts the lid on a group of Iranian women, who defied their totalitarian authorities)



2: Schindlers Ark by Thomas Keneally( This is its original title before Steven Speilberg changed it)



3: Etty Diary by Etty Hillesum (a poignant diary of a woman who was brutally murdered by the nazi machine)


********************


Three works of fiction that everyone should read:



1:To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee ( my first realisation of racism)



2: Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell(what woman can resist such romance!)



3: Mila 18 by Leon Uris ( the first book I read where the Jewish people fought back-a masterpiece)


********************



Three authors everyone should read:



1: Catherine de Hueck Doherty ( her ability to truly live the Gospel message-I am NOT that brave)



2: Thomas Keneally (he is simply one of the best story tellers)



3: Taylor Caldwell ( I simply love her style of writing)


********************



Three books that nobody should read:



1: Marianne Williamson ( a dangerously seductive new age writer for the spiritually immature)



2: Dan Brown (need I say more)



3: John Shelby Spong ( A right nutter-totally bonkers)


********************



Favourite Catholic/Christian Authors



Teresa of Avila, Therese of Lisieux, John of the Cross, Alphonsus Liguori, Fulton Sheen, Henri Nouwen, Ron Rolheiser, Corrie Ten Boom, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Carlo Carretto, Edith Stein, Franis de Sales and many more.
I now tag
Good luck, ladies.