Sunday, September 23, 2007

Medjugorje-What's The Truth


When I first became a Catholic I was a strong believer in Medjugorje and bought just about every book on the subject. I attended regularly 'Medjugorje Masses for Peace' every month.


A few years later though something happened which had me re-thinking. What made me more wary was when Our Lady purportedly criticized a Bishop to the seers by stating this to them, "The bishop has no real love of God in his heart. Regarding the bishop, may Ivica and Ivan remain calm. What the bishop is doing is contrary to the will of God, yet he can do as he pleases, but one day justice as you have never seen shall be revealed." I cannot imagine Our Lady ever criticizing a Son of the Church. Where throughout the Gospels does Our Lady criticize Peter or John or James even Judas? You wont find it because Mary the Mother of God was humble of heart and was obedient to her Son.

There are believers in Medjugorje that say that only good things are happening in Medjugorje if this is so then why have Priests been removed from their Order for disobedience?

Here is an excerpt from an interview with one of the Seer's

Graf: This is not a good sign... you once told the bishop that he should listen more to Our Lady than to the Pope.

Vicka: Yes I did.

Graf: This means that the bishop should listen to you more than to the Pope.

Vicka: No, not me.

Graf: But the bishop doesn't know what the phenomenon is and perhaps it is not Our Lady.

Vicka: Yes it is Our Lady.

Graf: You told the bishop that he is to blame and that those two (Vego and Prusina) are innocent and that they can perform their priestly duties.

Vicka: Yes I did.

Graf: Can they hear confession? Did Our Lady mention this?

Vicka: Yes.

Graf: If Our Lady said this and the Pope says that they cannot...

Vicka: The Pope can say what he wants, I'm telling it as it is!

I do believe though most strongly that if the Apparition is true then it is wise to wait upon the Church's final decision on the matter. Just as decades before many waited for the Church's decision on St. Faustina's Divine Mercy.

I am not criticizing the events at Medjugorje, but I think it prudent to wait for the Church to announce its decision.

May I ask what your thoughts are concerning this apparition and the controversy surrounding it?