Wednesday, September 19, 2007

To My Beloved


To my beloved,

I think it is important for me to write this to you now. We don’t know each other yet so we both have time to think about and make choices that will affect our future. You are so very important to me. It’s so amazing to think and know that God has already chosen us for each other. That’s just awesome! I can’t wait to meet you. I have to be patient because I know it will happen in His perfect timing. Until that time I will think of you and pray for you. I hope that you are thinking of me and praying for me also because we both need each others prayers.

There is so much that I want to tell you, I want to share my dreams and fears with you. I want to trust you to really listen to and care about all I say. I want to respect you and I want you to respect me. I want your goodness to touch my heart. I want us to recognize the goodness in each other. I want to love you and I want you to love me. I want to be your wife. I want to be your most intimate friend, cherished and the most important person in your life. I want your tenderness and affection, your kindness and your strength. I want you to know that I will be there for you when you feel happy and on top of the world and will be there when your spirit is crushed. I want to feel protected and secure in your love, trusting you at all times. I want you to feel safe with me and never to be afraid or ashamed to talk about your fears and weaknesses. I want to encourage you to stand up for your beliefs and always to do what is right. I want to stand beside you as we go through life together.

Someone told me that I need to know what is important to me and have some “major” requirements when it comes to selecting my spouse. It makes it that much easier for me to recognize you when we finally meet. I want you to know God, love Him above all else and keep Him first in our lives at all times. I see families that are so happy and joyful where God is at the center. I know how important God is and I want our family to be happy. We cannot do it without God.

We need to both be honest. Without trust and honesty a marriage cannot survive. We will spend many hours talking and getting to know each other, sharing our feelings, thoughts, dreams and fears. I want us to be comfortable with each other so comfortable that we can share our deepest feelings.

The next thing is unselfishness. I have much to learn in this area but I want us both to be unselfish and to teach our children to be unselfish too. We can’t only think of ourselves, we have to be willing to help anyone we can. We have to be willing to make sacrifices for one another and for our children. We have to be willing to love one another, its not going to be easy, we will have our differences but unless we are committed to a lifetime of unselfish loving, our marriage won’t succeed.

When I think about us getting married there is so much more to it than the pretty wedding dress, the flowers and the party. The wedding dress, I think about it a lot and what it represents to me. The beauty of the white fabric symbolizes the purity of the bride. That’s the symbol I want it to be to you. I cherish the gift of my virginity so that it will be a pure and holy gift to you. The softness of the fabric is like the tenderness I want to show and give to you. I want a long train, it represents the blanket of prayer, love and support I want to give to you and our children. To me, getting married means ‘til death do us part’, sharing the rest of my life with you, growing old together. Living each and everyday to the fullest, loving each other when we don’t feel like loving each other, growing and learning from the good and bad times. I want to be your wife, and I want you to be my husband. Neither of us will ever be the perfect spouse, but we can strive to please God and do His will.

I look forward to the day we find out that we are going to become parents, the life we are going to enjoy with our children. I know we are going to have our share of trials. Through these trials we will grow when our commitment and love are put to the test, we will get through them and be stronger, wiser and deeper in love. With prayer and the support and guidance of good friends we will become the man and woman God created us to be.

I know you are going to be my biggest cheerleader always encouraging me. I know that you are not perfect, no one is but I do know that you will be the perfect spouse for me chosen by God. I know that you are going to be a support spiritually, emotionally and financially. Having lots of things won’t make us happy, it’s the time we spend together enjoying the little things in life. I want our children to know and understand that having ‘things’ does not mean that they will be happy. I want them to know that everything they have been blessed with comes from God and want them to help others however and whenever they can.

I am waiting for you and I hope you are waiting for me. I want us both to do what is right. I want to share myself with you. The beautiful gift of our sexuality has been cheapened by the world. Our sexuality is sacred, I want us to always remember this. The awesome power of God to unite a man and woman in the sexual union in marriage and be the source of our greatest blessing, our children is so awe-inspiring yet humbling. I want us to never to lose that sense of awe and reverence for these wonderful gifts God created for married couples. We will always have God’s best when we do things His way.

I just wanted to tell you all this now because it’s on my mind. I think about you a lot. I hope and pray that we will be strong to reject the false teachings of the world. You are so important to me, our marriage, our children, our life together are important to me.

So my beloved know that I am out there and really do exist. Pray for me and please wait for me. I am waiting for you.