Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What The Saints Say Concerning Purgatory


"Though this fire is destined to cleanse and purify the soul... still it is more acute than anything we could possibly endure on Earth."


~St. Augustine

+++++++++++++

"It would be preferable to suffer all the possible torments of Earth until the Judgment day than to pass one day in Purgatory. "

~St Cyril of Alexandria

+++++++++++++

"Ah! I come on behalf of God Himself. I come on behalf of your poor parents, to awaken in you that love and gratitude which you owe them. I come to bring before your minds again all those kindnesses and all the love which they gave you while they were on earth. I come to tell you that they suffer in Purgatory, that they weep, and that they demand with urgent cries the help of your prayers and your good works."

~St. John Vianney

+++++++++++++

"No tongue can express, no mind can understand, how dreadful is Purgatory?And be assured that the souls have to pay what they owe even to the last farthing. This is Gods decree to satisfy the demands of justice."

~St Catherine of Genoa

++++++++++++

"on the Feast of Corpus Christi a person enveloped in fire suddenly stood before me. From the pitiable state the soul was in I knew it was in Purgatory and I wept bitterly"

~St. Margaret Mary Alacoque