Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Feast of the Queenship of Mary Our Mother

Today we celebrate the Blessed Mother as Our Queen. From the moment of her "yes" at the Annunciation, the Holy Spirit has been her Spouse, thus we can call her our Queen. As our Queen Mother, she intercedes for us to the King whenever we ask her to -- because she loves us dearly, each of us, very dearly.



Mary, Queen of Heaven, give me your heart, so beautiful, so pure, so Immaculate, so full of love and humility that I may be able to receive Jesus in the Bread of Life, love Him and serve Him in the distressing disguise of the poorest of the poor.

Let me live within your heart and there receive a share of your own love for Jesus, for the Church and for all people. Give me some measure of your own humility and surrender to the will of the Father. May Jesus take on flesh in me.

Like you, I want to be a spouse of the Holy Spirit, docile to His gentlest inspiration and join you in signing a Magnificat for all eternity. Oh my soul magnify the Lord and my spirit rejoice in God my Saviour!

Totus Tuus, Maria ! I belong to you. I want to be …..

All YES

Only YES

Always YES

Amen