Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I’ve learned...





I've learned -that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I've learned -that I should always leave loved ones with loving words.It may be the last time I see them.

I've learned -that I can keep going long after Ithink I can't.

I've learned -that I am responsible for what I do, no matter how I feel.

I've learned -that either I control my attitude or it controls me.

I've learned -that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I've learned -that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done,regardless of the consequences.

I've learned -that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I've learned -that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I've learned -that just because someone doesn't love me the way I want them to doesn't mean they don't love me with all they have.

I've learned -that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I've learned -that my family won't always be there for me. It may seem funny, but people you aren't related to take care of me and love me and teach me to trust people again. Families aren't biological.

I've learned -that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others, Sometimes I have to learn to forgive myself.

I've learned -that my background and circumstances may have influenced who I am, but I am responsible for who I become.

I've learned -that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

I've learned -that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret.It could change your life forever.

I've learned -that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I've learned -that your life can be changed in a matter of minutes, by people who don't even know me.

I've learned -that even when I think I have no more to give,when a friend cries out to me, I will find the strength to help.

I've learned -that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.