Monday, April 7, 2008

To Trust You Is To Believe



Sometimes it seems impossible
To trust in you my Lord
But then again it’s all I have
When my backs against the wall

The pressures forever mounting up
And worsens with little hope
Though I pray and leave it with you
It’s so hard for me to cope

I know, O Lord, you teach us patience
Especially at those times
You want us to trust completely
Though answers are hard to find

And there are times it seems as though
You have stepped back from us
We feel so much alone in our mess
Not knowing you’re watching with love

You never really leave us Lord
Nor forsake us in our need
You only want us to trust you
And in your word believe

You know the circumstances we’re in
And know the struggles we face
The situation when given to you
Can empower our faltering faith

For in your word we’re told to give
To you all our anxieties
And all the worries and fears we have
Praying for the needed victory

For in due course you will come through
To bring the needed relief
And through it all we shall develop
A stronger and deeper belief.

M.S.Lowndes