Saturday, June 2, 2007

Marie Antionette-Review from The Grumpy Ole Woman




Well Elena on 'Tea At Trianon' warned me about the movie 'Marie Ationette' but I wanted to see it for myself. I should have listened!

*****************

I do not understand how two good actors such as Kirsten Dunst and Judy Davis would accept such a badly written movie. The script consists mainly of incessant giggling and whispering in dark corners. Judy Davis has a perpetual look of agony on her face. I was wondering if she had gass problems or hemorrhoids?

As for Kirsten Dunst performance with her constant silly smile and inanities, all the while stuffing cake down her throat. She had all the animation of a Macy's mannequin.

Then there is the director and producer Sofia Coppola, has she entered the tasteless movie protection programe, she should think about it! What is it with the scene after scene of cake, cake and MORE cake...Please Sofia enough already we 'got' the point! Sofia showed all the subtlety of the Texas Chainsaw massacre but at least with that movie it comes with a warning!

Be warned! This is a movie for really stupid people. Umm why did I go and see it then? LOL