Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Meme


AutumnRose and Lisa both tagged me with this meme. So here goes:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I love wrapping presents, all the pretty paper and ribbons and tags and stuff, love it!! And the gift bag for transporting the gifts.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, real ones are not popular here, have to import them.

3. When do you put up the tree? Middle of November.

4. When do you take the tree down? Second weekend in February, it’s a custom in my family.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A teddy bear that was twice my size, I loved sleeping in his arms.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, have a big Nativity set for the sitting room and smaller ones we put out around the house.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Myself.

9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A quilting set. Needles and I don’t mix well, let’s just say that the quilt was NOT supposed to be polka dot LOL.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both, but I spend hours finding the perfect cards for those on my lists, I love cards.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love turning off all the lights and watching all the Christmas cartoons, especially like Nester the long eared donkey.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Beginning of December.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope. I treasure the gifts I have been given.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pastelle, its best described as a cousin of the enchilada, basically the same ingredients just arranged differently.

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear and colored to match the color of the tree that year.

16. Favorite Christmas song? I have so many, really love Adeste Fideles and O Holy Night but I think Handel’s Messiah would top the list.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually home but I’m spending this Christmas with my relatives in Venezuela.

18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Rudolph LOL err how many points do I get for Rudolph hee hee.. but ya I can name them all.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Which ever one of the tree tops that goes best with the color the tree is decorated in.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, I do all my wrapping very late Christmas Eve into Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How commercial it has become, people capitalizing on this most holy and joyous time of year.

22. Best thing about this time of year? Celebrating the birth of our God with family and friends and really seeing how blessed I am.