Monday, November 26, 2007

'The Golden Compass'


The part about Pullman hating the idea of God is completely accurate. He uses his stories to twist and distort familiar biblical accounts of creation, fall, and redemption, making heroes of those who rebel against religion, and having one of his "good" characters even say, "The Christian religion is a very powerful and convincing mistake." It’s sort of a Da Vinci Code theme for kids. Read FURTHER.

***************
I must be behind the times, I have never heard of these books by Pullman. Why would such good actors do a movie that is anti-Christian? I am disappointed in Nicole Kidman in that she is Catholic. Are the books rabidly anti-Christian? Would it profit me to read it so as to know the enemy rather than remain in ignorance? Let me know your thoughts on this? I would appreciate it.

With thanks

Marie